By Andy Stevenson
AmazonSmile launched in the UK in November 2017. Many of you have already signed up and chosen Reverse Rett as your benefitting charity, we recently had our first payment from them. It's a great way to raise money for Rett research without doing anything other than what you normally do when you shop on Amazon, all the deals and prices are exactly the same but with 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases going direct to your chosen charity.
However if you do your shopping on your phone or device it isn't as straight forward. At present there is no AmazonSmile App so if you shop through the normal Amazon App you won't be able to access AmazonSmile. This is likely to change at some point in the future but for now you can follow the simple instructions below to allow to conveniently make an impact on Rett research.
1. If you have the Amazon App installed you should remove it. To do this, tap and hold the app icon until it starts jiggle. Tap the cross at the top left of the icon and confirm that you want to delete it. Don’t worry, this will not delete your Amazon account or any of your settings.
2. You now need to go online via Safari (the iPhone internet browser) and go to smile.amazon.co.uk. Select Reverse Rett as your charity
3. Now, tap the square shaped ‘share’ button on the bottom of the screen.
4. Tap the ‘Add to Home Screen’ icon. You may need to swipe to the left to see this.
5. You will now have an AmazonSmile icon on your home screen which you can use in exactly the same way you used the Amazon App.
Thank you to all our supporters who have signed up to this brilliant initiative and if you haven't then please do it asap, it won't cost you a penny!