Over the past couple of weeks we’ve had lots of enquiries about what people can still do from home, during lockdown, to help raise funds to sustain Reverse Rett’s critical work.
It’s absolutely brilliant to know that so many of you are as determined and committed to supporting research as always. Over the past six weeks our income has dropped by 85%, so your support really does mean more than ever. Thank you!
We’ve put together a list of some of the ways you can help from home. Of course, if you have your own ideas, please go for it, and give us a shout if there’s anything we can do to help
- Join our Home Run Challenge: 25kms, 50kms or 100kms, with the kms built up at your own pace, in your own home/garden, throughout lockdown. Open to all ages and abilities, certificates for all!
- Bake! Take part in The Great Reverse Rett Lockdown Bake-Off – simply bake something, post a photo on social media, add a donate button and tag three friends to continue the challenge.
- Pledge your birthday: if your birthday is happening during lockdown, and you’re missing out on a party or presents, it’s a great moment to ask friends and family to donate to your birthday fundraiser instead. Super-easy to set up via Facebook, or with a JustGiving page. Get in touch if you need help!
- Make a song request for our Song Request Tuesday Lockdown Special on 26th May! A variety of fab musicians will be playing your song requests live via Zoom, so send in the songs which are keeping you ‘up’ during lockdown – just £5 a song – and then join the party live on 26th May.
- Sponsor someone in our 5×50 team: our 5×50 team have continued their 5kms a day challenge, despite lockdown, and have been getting really creative about how to get those 5kms done every day! They’re now over half-way through and that extra boost from donations would be hugely appreciated!
- Start saving your pennies: The Big Give is coming once again in early December and is the chance to double your donations to research. Find an empty jar and start saving now!
- In honour of our 10th birthday coming up in July, donate £10 to Reverse Rett and share with your friends and family to urge them to do the same.
- Shop online! With most of us now getting our basics online, it’s a great moment to start shopping via Give As You Live or Amazon Smile, with % of what you spend coming straight to research.
- Donate to our Resilience Appeal: this appeal, which will be matched pound for pound up to £10k in matched donations, will help us recoup some of the lost income due to the current crisis and help to sustain our critical work throughout this time.
- Share! Whatever you’re doing, whether it’s any of the above or your own creation, please let us and the world know you’re doing it!
To chat through any of the above or about any of your own ideas, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.